Posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_2_] TG[_2_] is offline

Default DaveR wrote about Celiac Desease.

Dave Bell wrote:> >
> Thanks for posting this generally, TG!
> Dave (not R)

HI Dave,
I'm with Mum now; she says that she had an endoscopy, small bowel
enema, blood tests, ultrasound of the abdomen, a colonoscopy and a CAT
scan. She isn't sure which one as shown her to have IGG against gluten
unfortunately as she was initially told that the tests were negative.
Sorry Dave. I've looked up IGG in Wikipedia and it's just an
immunoglobin. The initial blood tests that she had were negative. She's
doing well now on a gluten free diet, she's still baking as much as she
did and doesn't seem to have a problem with inhaling a small amount of
flour but she can't even have certain types of soda's (fizzy drinks).
She was taken off the gluten free diet two years ago while they did
tests and then became intolerant to lactose. After being back on her
diet that cleared up in time thankfully as she was running out of
things to eat. lol. She's put 6 lb's now for the first time in years so
things are looking up.

Cheers Dave,

TG