Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook[_1_] Paul M. Cook[_1_] is offline

Default 5 lb bag of sugar is 4 lbs...

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> " wrote:
> >
> > In the meantime the head honchos at the top of the corporate
> > ladder will still make their questionable 6 and 7 figure salaries.

> Hey, if they advance the stock price,
> why should any stockholder care?
>
> It's like the recent fuss about the $400M
> retirement package for the head of Exxon.
>
> If that guy made $401M for Exxon that it
> would not have had otherwise, he was worth
> every penny. That's why I'm not bothered
> by the money that sports and movie stars
> make -- if one of them makes $10M extra
> profits for CBS (or whomever), I'd be
> in favor of him or her getting as much
> of that $10M as possible.

When I worked for Lucent, the CEO had a 100 million dollar pay and severance
package. During his reign of ineptitude, Lucent stock went from around 90
bucks a share to about 7 bucks a share. Richard McGinn walked away with all
of his pay, plus bonuses after completely ruining the company in 2 short
years. Oh and he exercised his options before the price tanked. The guy
was out for 1 thing and one thing only, jacking up the stock price so he
could cash out and then letting the company fail.

Crime pays.

Paul