Posted to rec.food.cooking
Old Mother Ashby Old Mother Ashby is offline

Default Top 10 Home-Cooked Meals

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

>I have to say that I'm getting a lot out of the responses to this thread:
>
>1. A couple people listed chicken piccata. I may have given it short shrift;
>I'll have to get around to making it soon.
>
>2. Gloria's description of how to make Portuguese Cocida sounds like a
>keeper.
>
>3. Kate B reminded me how much I like mussels in a coconut-curry broth. She
>also brought my attention to a recipe I haven't tried in the China Moon
>cookbook. That cookbook is less than two feet from my computer at home and I
>haven't cooked anything from it recently, so I'll have to look up the recipe
>and make that plum wine chicken sometime.
>
>4. Karen AKA Kajikit mentioned pasta carbonara with chicken and sweetcorn.
>I've never tried that, but it sure sounds good.
>
>Thanks to all!
>
>Bob

Am I too late?

1. Roast lamb with all the trimmings, including cauliflower cheese and
tomato and onion pie (it's not really a pie)
2. Braised ox cheek with polenta
3. Chicken caesar salad
4. Char-grilled veal chops with potato and zucchini stew
5. Meat loaf, wrapped in bacon version, followed by rice pudding and
stewed fruit
6. Chicken thighs (boned and skinned), filled with garlic, parsley and
preserved lemon, rolled in pancetta
7. Rack of lamb with gratin potatoes
8. Maltese pork sausages with mashed sweet potato
9. Lamb steak sandwich
10. Duck risotto

Note the absence of fish - I like fish, but don't cook it often.

Christine