Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester Puester is offline

Default For Ranger (Recipe) Top 10 Home-Cooked Meals

The Ranger wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:32:36 GMT, Puester >
> wrote:
>> Portuguese cosido--chicken, shrimp and rice stew

> Ooooohhhhh.... Got recipe?
>
> The Ranger
> --

There's no real recipe.

Chopped chicken (breast or thigh meat) browned lightly with onion,
garlic, celery and green pepper, them simmered with chopped tomatoes
(canned is fine) and chicken stock/broth and raw rice. Add whatever
spices you like--I frequently use curry powder or a bit of cayenne or a
little oregano, marjoram, or even tarragon. Add more broth, stock or
water as needed. I've had the original both soupy or dry, depends on
whose grandma is making it.

When the rice is nearly done, add shrimp and (optional) some small
chunks of ham or small clams or mussels.

Serve with crusty bread and a salad.

gloria p