Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ranee Mueller Ranee Mueller is offline

Default Menu Planning?

In article > ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Kathy in NZ" > wrote in message
> > . You need your evening time
> > once the kids are in bed for yourself, not for cooking.

> Sometimes. Many of us enjoy cooking. It is something we do for pleasure,
> not just to eat.

Do you have young children?

I love to cook, it is one of my favorite parts of being a homemaker.
However, little children are lots of work, and they are exhausting.
Even things I enjoy are not what I want to do at the end of the day when
I am drained and physically worn out. Those hours with the kids in bed
give Rich and me a chance to unwind, reconnect and catch up on the
other's day. I already spend too much of my evening doing laundry and
dishes, I don't need to be doing it at 11:00 pm on a regular basis,
after having done the cooking and helping wrangle the kids into bed.

For holiday meals, I do tend to stay up late several days cooking
things that can be prepared ahead, or doing other prep/cleaning, but I
take a day or two of rest after that, and it takes its toll. I would
hate to do it on a regular basis.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.