Posted to alt.food.diabetic
djimbo djimbo is offline

Default A tale of Tesco and Ice-Cream

"Nicky" > wrote in message

> "djimbo" > wrote in message
>> Ok here's one for the English market.
>> Firstly I'm not diabetic, but my wife and handicapped son both are.
>> He recently expressed a (not unreasonable) desire for ice-cream, so I
>> searched the net found a supplier and an indication that Tesco stocked
>> it.

> I use Wall's Cornish Cream ice cream - it's got 11g CHO per 100g, tastes
> excellent, and has no sugar alcohols. It's also available in every
> supermarket in the land at non-inflated prices.
>
> Nicky.
>
> --
> A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
> 1g Metformin, 100ug Thyroxine
> 95/74/72Kg

Hiya Nicky.
I'm all new to this business.
Thanks for the helpfull suggestion, I'll look into it (or a supermarket
freezer :-)
The suggestions I'm getting seem to indicate that there is actualy no such
thing as diabetic ice-cream
(although the stuff Morrisons sells does appear to bear the words - Diabetic
ice cream).
My belief rightly or wrongly is that they can get away from the sugar side
of the problem by using only fructose?
I suppose the low fat side is the same as all the low fat stuff that fills
the shelves today?

best regards.
jim.