Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Menu Planning?

wrote:

> I'm one who hates to plan meals. I never shop for more than three main
> meals at a time. A mental block, I think. I like to cook but not
> every day, so we make a lot of meals which can be recycled, like bean
> or vegetable soup.

I usually go out at the beginning of the month to stock up on meat, which
is particularly good, and economically priced and packaged at one
particular store. It goes into the freezer, and from then on it's basically
meat roulette until I go out and stock up again. I will have enough
chicken, steak, pork, veal etc. to offer some variety. That is about as
planned as it gets here.