Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] gwehrenb@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Menu Planning?

I'm one who hates to plan meals. I never shop for more than three main
meals at a time. A mental block, I think. I like to cook but not
every day, so we make a lot of meals which can be recycled, like bean
or vegetable soup.
Eat out on average twice a week.

For a while, I kept track of every main meal we had for a few months,
then relied on that for ideas. Red meat - never more than once a week
and that includes lunches. Heavy on the poultry, seafood, fish and
meatless.

We have maybe 30 tried and true meals we like to rotate. I once tried
following those menus you see in magazines and cookbooks- but the
portions were never right for 2, plus they tended to be heavy on the
fat grams.