Posted to alt.food.wine
Dick R. Dick R. is offline

Default Slightly OT, restaurant vs. frozen food

Hi all,
I certainly have no issue with restaurants and
chefs that prepare food with fresh ingredients,
but I think there are many medium priced restaurants
that use the same frozen food that's available to
most folks. Case in point: TGI Fridays, a fairly well
known chain in the US, serves many entrees with
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce. My favorite is coconut shrimp
with a Jack Daniels BBQ dipping sauce. We recently
discovered frozen coconut shrimp at Sam's club and
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce at a local grocery store.
Same wonderful taste, we can have our own
beverages, and we don't have to leave a tip! :-)

Any thoughts?
Dick R.