Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Menu Planning?

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Christine, who thinks apartment designers don't cook.

I know exactly why my apartment kitchen is so tiny and lacks counter and
storage space. When it was built around 1982, this was a "singles or
couples only" complex. No kids. Pretty much designed for roommates. If
they were anything like the younger folks I see moving in here, cooking was
the last thing on their minds. More like *party!* The patio in the back is
very spacious, but it's nowhere near the kitchen which isn't very convenient
if you decide to grill; you have to carry the food through the dining and
living room area which isn't very convenient. I do grill frequently, but
the architects of this place didn't have cooking in mind.

As for menu planning, I don't really plan. I look at what I have, then
consider what I'm craving, and go from there.

Jill