Fudge

Default chicken manure

That is O.K. Tim, there is a lot of shit on this newsgroup. I treat chicken
shit like gold. If properly composted, it is magical stuff. Learn how to
compost it right. You could do a Google search and see what p(o)ops up.
Depends on the type of litter the farmer has put on the floor. Straw adds a
good amount of nitrogen necessary for the pile to cook. You must turn the
pile inside out at least 3 times. Put a shovel full of finished compost
under any fast growing plant like a tomato, pepper or squash and stand
back!!! I never had any disease problem because a properly cooked pile is
usually pathogen free. I have used uncomposted, raw chicken manure on corn
but it was turned into the field the fall before planting. I would view
chicken manure as a valuable garden resource. You might offer the chicken
farmer some of your produce as barter for his chicken manure.

Farmer John