Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene serene is offline

Default making pudding(Jello band) with soy milk

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:11:06 -0700, Denise~*
> wrote:

>Budd Tugley wrote:
>
>>>DH is allergic to milk & all derivatives

>> Read your label on the Jello brand. I assume it has milk in it. Soy

>Gaw, I know, I realized that today. I really wish there was a Co. that
>specialized in making easy-prep stuff like box pudding totally dairy
>free. Even one of our favorite spice packets has it. We just recently
>discovered one brand makes it dairy free (Durkee) & another (McCormick)
>puts a milk derivative in i. The store I always shop at stopped
>carrying the Durkee brand. Grrr!

Try this stuff (and the whole Pangea store):

http://www.veganstore.com/index-stor...temsperpage=12

Also, you can use rice or nut milk instead of soy milk. Here's how I
make it, and it works well in all soymilk uses:

1 cup of cooked rice (white or brown) or raw nuts (almonds, cashews --
others will probably work, but those are the ones I use)
4 cups of water

Blend in a blender or food processor. Strain. If desired, add a
little vanilla and sugar, but I don't bother. Refrigerate and use
within 3 days.

Serene