Gar

Default Char-Broil Grill review? Model 2215, Stainless at Lowes

On 02 Oct 2003 20:15:50 GMT, (PENMART01) wrote:

>More often than not a propane gas side burner outdoors unless kept at its
>higher settings will be put out with the least gust of wind.... then by the
>time it's noticed more than an hour has passed, the pot is cold and the gas was
>wasted.... best outdoor cooktop is a Coleman white gas stove, lotsa BTUs when
>needed and even on the lowest settings it would take a hurricane to put out the
>flame. Personally in all the years I've been grilling maybe twice I needed a
>side burner, and then I used my Coleman.

I've never had a problem with mine going out, but I've also never
tried using it on a day that had 50 mph gusts. Cooking outdoors needs
a different set of "common sense" rules, no matter what equipment
you're using. (excepy maybe a pottery style smoker) On a windy day
I'd use the turkey fryer burner if I needed it.

Gar