Posted to rec.food.baking
Bob (this one) Bob (this one) is offline

Default lemon meringue pie - do you need the rind?

Jenn Ridley wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I do use lemon oil in some baking and pickling, but I still maintain that the
>>freshness of fresh lemon juice and fresh lemon oil makes a difference in
>>something like lemon meringue pie.

> I'm sure it does, it's just that some of us don't have access to good
> lemons, and zest from the lemons we can get often leaves something to
> be desired.

Forgive me. I've never been anywhere that has to suffer not having
"access to good lemons," and I've been all over the world. Anywhere that
doesn't have good lemons wouldn't have internet connections, either.

Lemons travel very well, last a long time and are a generally
inexpensive item.

Where are you?

Pastorio