Posted to alt.food.wine
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default What Wine Does Your Government Buy?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:53:26 +0100
"Bill Davy" > wrote:

> Sadly, we English are not to be trusted with such information. Moreover,
> the Government claims that revealing exactly what it has, and how much,
> could disrupt the entire market for fine wines
>
> http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/pol...icle355184.ece
>

> However, if your governemnt reveals what wine it buys, that argument can be
> demolished.
>

> Occasionally one gets a glimpse of a rather sociable committee meeting:
> http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/Mi...0Feb%20041.htm

Fascinating Bill. Thanks. I looked on google to try and find out
what the French gov drinks (aside from French of course) but
couldn't find much. I did see that the senate, assembly, prime
minister and presidents palaces all have their own collections.
An article on michelin interviewing some senator intimated that
(naturally) the senate's list is the envy of the others. The only
thing they mention is that they are looking in "new" regions
and have a Condrieu (forget which one) and a La Nerthe CdP blanc.

I'd be fascinated to get a look at the cellar list for the Elysée Palace,
anyone have any more info?

-E

--
Emery Davis