Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant Michael Plant is offline

Default Kombucha? (a word on its behalf)

Alex digy.net4/5/06

> ah,
>
> Calm down.
> Comparing something that one knows many people enjoy with a pile of rotting
> wet laundry is bad manners.
> I think she, actually, agreed.
>
> Sasha.

Putting manners aside for the moment, Kombu is a thick leafed seaweed
I've often used as a thickener in soups.A kelp. I love seaweeds of all
kinds. Yum. Know nothing about this as a ferment, but why the hell not. How
about "trasi" -- I *know* I spelled that wrong -- a Thai condiment for
cooking made of thoroughly rotted shrimp. Nothing is more delicious. Double
yum. As for tongue, it was a staple in my house growinig up, and might
explain me, at least to some extent.

Now about the pile of wet laundry blanketed in saurerkraut, that was kvas.
You're thinking of the wrong thing. Kvas is Triple Yummy! OTW!! OTU!!!

Michael