Posted to alt.food.wine
Curt Wohlgemuth Curt Wohlgemuth is offline

Default What Wine Does Your Government Buy?

Hunt wrote:

> I do not know that the US gov. has an "official" wine stash. From time to
> time, we hear of what is being served at the White House, as the Official
> wine(s), but that is about all. Some of the wines have surprised me quite
> a bit. Past-President, Clinton seems to have been fond of an AZ cuvee,
> Buena Suerte from Callaghan Cellars in Elgin, AZ. Without getting
> political, it may be the best that I can say for his administration.

I've been in at least four or five wineries here in California which had
letters from the White House thanking them for their wines, used at official
state dinners.

None of these were top-rated wineries in my book; one makes strictly
undrinkable dreck, as far as I'm concerned.

Curt