Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rusty[_1_] Rusty[_1_] is offline

Default Recipe Challenge

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> I challenge every single person who has participated in Those Threads
> to post one recipe, to try to get the newsgroup at least partially
> back on track. Mine's coming right up!
>
> Peace,
> Carol

-----
Enchiladas Blancas - Beef

1-1/2 pounds hamburger
1/2 to 3/4 pound cheddar cheese - shredded
3-oz can chopped olives
1-medium onion, minced
2-(10oz) cans cream of chicken soup
1-pint sour cream
1-dozen tortillas (flour or corn)
vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste

Brown meat and onion and season with salt and pepper. Combine with
grated cheese (reserving some cheese for top) and olives. Combine sour
cream and soup to make a sauce. Fry tortillas in oil until soft. Put
large spoonful of mixture and spoonful of sauce in each tortilla and
roll up. Place rolled tortillas side by side in 13 x 9 baking dish.
Spread remaining sauce over rolled tortillas. Top with remaining grated
cheese. Bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes.
-----
Enchiladas Blancas - Chicken

1-1/2 pounds chicken breast - cooked/shredded
1 (3oz) can mild chilis - diced
2 (10oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1-pint sour cream
1/2 to 3/4 pound monterey jack or chedder cheese - shredded
1 medium red onion - minced
1-dozen flour tortillas
vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions unitl soft. Mix mushroom soup and sour cream to make a
sauce. Combine chicken, chilis, cheese (reserve some cheese for
toping) and onions. Put large spoonful of mixture and spoonful of sauce
in each tortilla and roll up.and roll up. Place rolled tortillas side
by side in 13 x 9 baking dish. Spread remaining sauce over rolled
tortillas. Top with remaining grated cheese. Bake at 350F of 40-45
minutes.
-----

Rusty