Old 04-04-2006, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.baking
Lisa[_1_] Lisa[_1_] is offline

Default Rubbery Crepes

Thanks everybody!! I found that my problem was putting too much batter in the pan. Now, they are light and wonderful!!!!!!

Thanks again!!

Lisa

"Mike Avery" wrote in message news:[email protected] il.otherwhen.com...
"Cheesecake Lady" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s72...

How in the world do I prevent crepes from being rubbery?

With most quickbreads and batter products, overmixing will cause gluten development and lead to a rubbery texture.

Mix just enough to have the batter pull together and have the flour hydrated. Then experiment from there.

Mike