Posted to rec.food.cooking
dee[_1_] dee[_1_] is offline

Default Recipe Challenge

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> I challenge every single person who has participated in Those Threads
> to post one recipe, to try to get the newsgroup at least partially
> back on track. Mine's coming right up!
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Hey really a recipe as such but an idea for the summer:

Mixed Fruit Watermelon Pot

Choose whole watermelon (seedless variety, and ripened ones - usually
contrast in the bottom pale colour and the dark green colour, and when
hit it will have vibrations and heavy in weight)

Cut out top of watermelon usually with zig zag strokes (this becomes
the lid). Hollow out the watermelon by scooping small balls of
watermelon flesh into small balls - put those into a very large bowl.
(it's best to use a small scoop - it's like a mini version of ice cream
scoop)

Add any variety of melon into the mix e.g. honey melons, also in small
balls etc. And add any variety of friut you like into the mix. Then
put all the mixed fruit back into the watermelon pot and cover with
lid.

Chill to eat.