Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo The Bubbo is offline

Default Recipe Challenge

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> I challenge every single person who has participated in Those Threads
> to post one recipe, to try to get the newsgroup at least partially
> back on track. Mine's coming right up!
>
> Peace,
> Carol

FINE!!

Sesame crusted tofu and stir fry

Sesame Crusted Tofu
1 pound extra firm tofu sliced to half inch slabs, pressed between towels then
cubed
1 bowl with 2 good spoons full of flour
1 bowl with an egg and a couple tbl water beaten
1 bowl with 1/4 cup flour and 2 tbl sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp Penzeys
Vindaloo
Dredge tofu in flour then egg then sesame/flour mix
fry in oil and set aside.

Stir Fry
1 bag of whatever vegetable blend you find in the freezer plus the tail end of
another bag you found that shoudl probably be used.
Saute these veggies in oil and fresh ginger until hot
add:
1 good fat dollop of fermented black bean and garlic sauce
another dollop just for the hell of it
a splash of plum vinegar
a drizzle of chili oil
a heavier drizzle of sesame oil
1 cup Kristian Regale Pear sparkler that you found in the back of the fridge
or orange juice which you more likely have
Heat through
dissolve 2 tsp cornstarch in 2 tbl hot water and toss that into the stir fry.

Quickly mix the tofu back into the stir fry and serve over rice.

diggity.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com