Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucyspoileddog@yahoo.com is offline

Default School Cafeteria Recipes - Comfort or Discomfort Food?

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "Rusty" > wrote:
> > After being forced to eat green jello with shredded cabbage and carrots
> > floating in it

> You and countless others, Rusty. :-)
> We had green jello with celery and shredded carrots -- I don't think Mom
> used cabbage in it.

We had orange jello with shredded cabbage and carrots, chopped celery,
and crushed pineapple. It sounds awful, but I loved it as a child, and
would make it again but the DH would probably rush me to the ER to have
my head examined (he's neither a fan of jello nor cabbage).

I also loved the molded jello salad with lime jello, cream cheese,
crushed pineapple, marachino cherries and walnuts. Hmmmmm.....maybe it
would be worth a quick trip to the ER....

Sandy