Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default School Cafeteria Recipes - Comfort or Discomfort Food?

In article . net>,
"Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote:
(snippage)
> > > Yuk! It's a recipe titled, "Orange-Pineapple Gelatin" with bits of
> > > pineapple and chopped nuts.

> > And your point is what?

> Actually in the daze before air conditioning something like that was a treat
> and a welcome respite from the heat...
>
> It is better though adorned with a layer of cream cheeze or some Cool
> Whip...

See? I think Rusty may have thought I was being more serious with my
"and your point is what?" than I was.

Cream cheese on top would still, in my book, let it qualify as a sald,
but as soon as you put Cool Whip on top, you gotcherself a dessert. ;-)
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-30-2006 Enchiladas for Two