Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default help cleaning enamel pot- was covered w/foil paper in oven- help

Doug Kanter > wrote:

>"KOS" > wrote in message

>> Hello, I have a yellow enamel pot- I was cooking something in oven and
>> had to put foil paper on outside of pot.... Now there is dark coloring
>> on the outside of yellow pot from foil paper... Dont know how to clean
>> this, wont come off with soap and water..please help
>> KOS

> From the supermarket: Bon Ami powder, or a tougher version,
> Barkeeper's Friend. The first one is preferable.

Kosher salt is another approach.

Barkeeper's Friend can clean enamel so that it looks good,
but then its surface is somehow altered so that it gets
dirty-looking faster in the future. (There's a warning about
this on the container.)

Steve