Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

In article >,
"Bob Myers" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > Usenet is not a class.
> > We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)
> >
> > None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
> > If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......
> >
> > We are not being paid to do your research for you.

> That's all very true - but when someone starts out by making
> a claim, and then someone else not only questions that claim
> but also provides solid evidence and reasoning for doing so,
> for the first person to then try to hide behind a "hey, I'm not
> here to spoonfeed you!" is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?
>
> In other words, if you're going to assert something, you can't
> really complain very much if someone politely asks to hear the
> reasons behind that assertion - especially when they bring
> contrary evidence to the table.
>

> Bob M.

My point was simply that it's a free speech forum. ;-)
Nobody is obligated to post URL's.

I personally do try to do it tho' just because I've been on usenet long
enough now, I know how beneficial it can be. <G> And I do, on occasion,
find out when googling that I was wrong so save face.

But, I have the luxury of being on cable access so doin a quick google
in the middle of posting is no big deal.
--
Peace, Om.