Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu 30 Mar 2006 09:25:05a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dan Abel?

> > I use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. It's mostly salt, but has red
> > pepper and other spices also. It's also good on mangos and corn on the
> > cob. Actually, it's good on everything.

> I'll have to look for that. Supermarket?

Yeah, I've seen it here (California) in the last ten years or so, in the
spice section with the flavored salts. It used to be that you had to
travel to the South (in the US) to find it. My wife's inlaws live in
Lousiana, so I got my first as a Christmas present, since my SIL knows I
like spicy food. It comes in 8oz containers, and I think we paid
US$1.10 for the last one (they last us a long time, since I only use it
at the table and I don't use much salt). My wife doesn't like hot food,
but all three of our kids use it to some extent. I put some in my soup
a few minutes ago for lunch.

It's also available online:

http://www.tonychachere.com/

I priced a case of 12 8oz, and it was US$16.50. Unfortunately, shipping
adds another 50%.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA