Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

In article >,
"Bob Myers" > wrote:

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> > Now, I happen to like chemicals. I use them all the time at home. One
> > of my favorites is dihydrogen monoxide (referred to as DHMO for short).
> > I just took a strawberry break a few minutes ago. I doused my
> > strawberries in DHMO, and although I drained it off, there was still
> > some on the berries. With callous disregard for my health, I just left
> > it on. DHMO is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths every year
> > due to inhalation. It is the primary component of acid rain. I don't
> > care. I have a healthy respect for its dangers, but I still use it
> > every day.

> Some people just like to live dangerously, I guess. Hell,
> I've even been known to willfully snort huge lungfuls of a
> chemical gas mixture including, among other things, nearly
> a full percent of pure argon.

Better watch that stuff! I have reliable information that only a few
minutes of 100% argon is fatal 100% of the time. You are just skirting
on the edge of death.

> And besides being a DHMO junkie myself, I've also often
> used pure monosodium monochloride in my cooking, and
> significant amounts of isoleucine and phenylalanine.

I showed your post to my wife, and she was just horrified. How can you
put chemicals in your pristine body? Don't you understand that having
chemicals in your body is a Very Bad Thing? Even my doctor has warned
about excessive use of monosodium monochloride.

> Clearly, I need to be locked away for promoting the use of
> such unhealthy and unnatural substances...

Absolutely, people shouldn't put chemicals in their bodies.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA