Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_1_] Nancy Young[_1_] is offline

Default Ham on Easter and Other Blasphemies (was This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!)

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:25:25 -0800, Ranee Mueller
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>>
>>> They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
>>> Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
>>> don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
>>> ya!

No one does make a ham quite like I do ... shame, really.

>> Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
>>report you.

> LOL! That's what we always had growing up, so that's what Crash and I
> usually have now. No room in the budget for lamb, that's for sure!

I am looking forward to the annual free ham. Have to have
ham on Easter, you know, tradition. Oh, and devilled eggs.

>> I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
>>celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
>>other people eating them. Just not at my house.

> My mom always said, regarding Christmas dinner, "It's just not right
> to eat ham to celebrate a little Jewish boy's birthday." Can't
> remember what we had instead.

I think Jesus had standing rib roast, I read that somewhere ...

nancy