Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default Ham on Easter and Other Blasphemies (was This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:25:25 -0800, Ranee Mueller
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
>> Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
>> don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
>> ya!

> Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
>report you.

LOL! That's what we always had growing up, so that's what Crash and I
usually have now. No room in the budget for lamb, that's for sure!

> I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
>celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
>other people eating them. Just not at my house.

My mom always said, regarding Christmas dinner, "It's just not right
to eat ham to celebrate a little Jewish boy's birthday." Can't
remember what we had instead.

Peace,
Carol