Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Best way to freeze meals?

> I'm looking to add more variety, so I figured I would learn more before
> I frost some more food.

I took out some pork loin yesterday that I had baked and cut into individual
slices. They were not foodsavered. They were not frosted. I had wrapped
them in a paper that comes in a box (bought at Costco). It might be called
deli paper. They are sheets. If they are too juicy, wrap them in two
sheets. I had been wrapping them in butcher paper, but it was too bulky and
didn't tighten up enough around the meat.

Perhaps what you are trying to do - do I understand it correctly - you want
to make a whole meal and then defrost the whole meal for your lunch. What I
would do is freeze each thing separately; in this case, I would have a pork
chop and perhaps I would have some peas that I had frozen separately, and
whatever else you chose for lunch. Make yourself a little fresh salad to
take or a fresh fruit. i.e., don't try to get a whole meal in one package.

Perhaps I mis-read your query; if so -- pardone moi.
Happy cooking,
Happy frugal-ing,
Dee Dee