Posted to rec.food.cooking
D.Currie[_1_] D.Currie[_1_] is offline

Default Best way to freeze meals?

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message

> For another, things take less space because you don't
>> have the extra packaging and airspace taking up room. Last, it's kind of
>> nice to freeze things like spaghetti sauce with the package laying flat.
>> Easy to store, but it also thaws much faster than if you have a
>> brick-sized thing.
>>
>> Donna

> RE the foodsaver --
> They say you can also cook in the bags; i.e., place your spaghetti sauce
> in a pan of boiling water. I've not done this, but it is supposedly a
> reason to buy this.
> Dee Dee

The only thing I "cooked" in the bag was some ravioli that I had made and
cooked, but not sauced. I just dropped the bag in boiling water. It worked
just fine.

Another thing it's good for is marinating things faster. You could do it in
the bags, but I've got one of the square, flat canisters, and that seems to
work pretty well.

Lettuce stored in one of the canisters also lasts a lot longer.

Donna