Posted to rec.food.cooking
Siobhan Perricone Siobhan Perricone is offline

Default Best way to freeze meals?

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:39:08 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Siobhan Perricone > wrote:
>>
>> I just got one and I don't think it'll be too spendy for individual meal
>> pouches. I haven't even used mine yet, but I got it based on
>> recommendations here and from a coworker who uses her constantly.

>Which model did you get, Siobbhan? I've got a bead on one for $20,
>NITB. I'm thinking that at that price I'm morally obligated to purchase
>it, even if I never use it. . . . :-)

We bought the v800, it was like $80 at the food saver site.

I just used it to put my salad greens into a cannister for the fridge so we
can just get as much salad as we want for a side dish. If all this thing
does is keep my salad greens longer, it'll pay for itself.

Tonight we bought some peeps, I plan to mutate them with the food saver.

--
Siobhan Perricone
One trend that bothers me is the glorification of