Posted to rec.food.drink

Default Is it bad to pre-mix Long Island Ice Teas?

wrote:
: Hi,

: We drink Long Island Ice Tea a lot. Is it bad to pre-mix the
: rum,tequila, gin, vodka, and tripple sec? What about also including the
: sour mix in the pre-mix?

: What if it sat for a few weeks?

: Including the sour mix would mean it would require refrigeration.

: Thanks,
: John

I'd premix them for the day or so but not keep it for a week. The lemon
gets a bit weird as it gets aged.

I once had a party where we made Long Island Ice Teas in a nice, innocent
glass picture (similar to the U.S. "Kool Aid" pictures of sorts). Complete
with floating lemon slices and a lot of ice to the point where the picture
"sweated" on the outside.

It was a very notable party I'll add and I got many compliments about it.

Those were the days.....

b.