Posted to rec.food.equipment
Kyle Tucker Kyle Tucker is offline

Default Viking Professional model vkp03002 ignition problem

In article >,
"Howard C. Berkowitz" > writes:

> One of the few joys of a forced move is leaving behind the 8-burner
> 2-oven Viking, which was fine when it worked, but a maintenance
> nightmare. I don't remember my model number, which is about 15 years
> old.

As I've stated before, I disliked my Viking I owned 92-98. But in a
funny story I have to share, when we moved in 98, I put in a Garland
6 burner cooktop. When we moved in 04, I regretted not taking it,
especially after Garland announced the end of the road for residential
gear. Last year, my son went by the old place to show someone where
we used to live and saw they were gutting the whole place. I went
over and checked it and sure enough, the whole house was gutted, to
include the kitchen. Covered in the corner were all the shiny new
appliances to be installed - all Viking! I contacted the owner and
asked about buying the Garland back and she said she'd get back to
me after she figured out a fair price to ask. The next week she in
fact called and hesitated, as if not to offend me, and said she'd
like $500 - and that included the 36" Vent-a-Hood! Both are in my
basement now waiting for installation in whatever residence we
decide is absolutely the final one.

--
- Kyle