Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom[_1_] modom[_1_] is offline

Default RFC Cookbook - Where ARE these folks

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:47 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
>> wrote:

>> >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
>> >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
>> >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
>> >money, and distribute copies.

>> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
>> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
>> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
>> those who post their opinions.
>>
>> Carol

>It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
>thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
>be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
>whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

I just posted the opposite response, but I'd forgotten the group
decision to make it only a hard-copy thing. Stretching to recall the
discussion at that time, I seem to recall something of a practical
(billing, suitable URL, whatever) nature about the no-online decision.
But I was mostly away from the group during much of the cookbook
thing.
--
modom