Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default RFC Cookbook - Where ARE these folks

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
>>> ---
>>> JL
>>>

>> Ah, JL, I keep forgetting you're a relative newbie. The rfc
>> cookbook was a collaborative effort which occurred after 9/11. The
>> cookbook was sold and proceeds donated to City Harvest, a New York
>> City Affiliate of Second Harvest) to benefit the families of those
>> affected by the events of 9/11. It's not available online; it was a
>> limited edition, so to speak.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I have a regrettable tendency to ask first and then remember to
> google.
>
> Wonderful that the proceeds were distributed thusly.
>
> I was perusing a number of posts about it in google and i would be
> interested in any 3rd edition if iit is ever contemplated.
> ---
> JL

Considering the hard work I seriously doubt there will ever be a third
edition. If you're interested I *think* I still have an extra copy, just
pay for the postage.

Oh, and I am still in touch with a man, Ian Robb, a former co-worker who
transferred to the WTC after a corporate buyout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1549034.stm

He was one of the few who was trapped in an elevator on the ground floor of
the North tower of the World Trade Center. After a few hours the
firefighters noticed the doors had opened and he wandered out, seeing blood
and dust and debris and not knowing what was going on...I sent him a copy of
this book. Thank you for reminding me, I need to give him a call.

Jill