Posted to alt.food.barbecue
John Busby John Busby is offline

Default The Minion Method

Not very wrong apparently. Of all the links you posted, I found only one
that specifically stated that bottom posting was the "correct" form, and one
of the links stated that bottom posting wasn't the answer either. Most of
the references simply said that top posting was considered bad net
etiquette, and went on to explain why the author thought that it was. One
of the arguments that I have often seen against top posting is that it gets
the message out of sequence, and confuses the reader. When I have been
following a message thread though, I am familiar with what has been said,
and I prefer to have the response in the next message shown at the top.
Everyone has their own preferences. In other words, you can get about any
answer to this that you want, depending upon which references you want to
cite. No one in these news groups will stop others from top posting if they
choose to, unless it is a moderated group where someone has actual control
over the newsgroup messages.
I have been following the messages in this newsgroup for a long time now,
and have enjoyed reading a lot of the responses, and have learned a lot
about barbecue, but when someone decides to play NetCop and tries to control
the way that people choose to participate in a newsgroup, i.e. "Don't top
post", I sometimes choose to add my 2 cents worth in top posted form, just
on general principles.