Posted to rec.food.cooking
SD SD is offline

Default Bad waitress tricks

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:

> expenditures

> > > I can see the point he's making in a general way -- the rich should
> > > give more to charity, pay proportionate taxes, etc. But if a product is
> > > $25, it's $25 no matter who is paying the bill. Menu pricess don't come
> > > in "poor", "middle", and "rich" varieties.

> > Exactly, because it wasn't about charity, taxes, etc. It's about
> > 2 people walking in, each ordering a tuna sandwich. Identical tuna
> > sandwiches.

> It reminds me of visiting Communist countries during the 70's, they often
> had one (low) price for the locals for stuff (train and air fares, museum
> admissions, hotels, etc.) and an inflated price ("payable in convertible
> currency") for folks visiting from capitalist lands...
>
> I think some places e.g. Russian, Cuba, India, etc. still have this kind of
> pricing for some things...

It's still alive and well in third world countries. Two different
admission prices, two different bus fares for tourist destinations,
etc. all payable in local currency though. On the other hand, if you
are a senior citizen (60 or over) they knock 25% off the price of
everything - fast food, sit down restaurants, bus fares, admission
prices, even doctor and hospital visits . SO had 25% knocked off his
inpatient hospital bill when he had food poisoning.

SD