Posted to alt.food.sushi
Blair P. Houghton[_1_] Blair P. Houghton[_1_] is offline

Default Correct Sushi Manners, or how to behave in a Sushi Restaurant ( Video-Clip )

Musashi wrote:
> BTW it's actually very funny to most Japanese people.
> "Zoukin"- a rag used solely for wiping floors, cleaning the house.

"Gari - nobody knows what this is made of."

Had me rolling. I'm going to think of that every time I see gari from
now on, and in fact, did so just last night (i'd seen that link in
another newsgroup last week and was waiting to see how long it'd take
to cross-contaminate over here).

Also, what does "tashi" really mean? I've never heard that term, and
wondered if it wasn't a misdirect for the tourists to get them to say
something insulting to the sushi-ya. But if this thing is funny in
Japan that's probably not the joke, so what's it for?

--Blair