Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Sherry Sherry is offline

Default how many carbs for good diabetic diet

"Night Spirit" > wrote in news:8DVUf.7695$Bj7.6361
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

<snip>

> The day before Yesterday I had a 1/2 cup of of herbed rice with and a
> slice of whole wheat bread 2 hours later my BSL was 110 mg/dl two
> hours later yet yesterday I had a harb boiled egg at breakfast and my
> BSL two hours later was 169 mg/dl so it is important to log your
> meals.

What was your bgs before breakfast? It's hard to imagine that one egg
would raise your blood sugar high!

I couldn't even begin to think about eating 1/2 cup of rice.... esp along
with a slice of bread and no protein. My bgs would be up to 200!

Sherry