Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Breakfast burritos

In article > ,
"Peter Aitken" > wrote:

> Patched this together the other day, turned out quite well.
>

> 1 large flour tortilla
> 2 large eggs
> 2 slices bacon
> 1/4c diced onion
> 1 tsp minced jalapeno
> 1/4c salsa
>
> Drain the salsa in a strainer and microwave briefly to take the chill off.
>
> Put the tortilla on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave at
> half power for about 30 seconds.
>
> Dice the bacon and cook with the onions til the bacon is crisp. About 1 min
> before it is done, add the jalapenos. Drain extra fat if desired. Break the
> eggs into the pan and stir until set. Add salt if needed.
>
> Arrange eggs on tortilla, top with salsa, and roll up.
>
> I was out of cheese, otherwise I would have topped the finished burrito with
> cheddar and run under the broiler.

Hee! Here in this part of Texas, the breakfast burrito is a staple...
They have them in the dining facility at work every morning with a
variety of ingredients and will make them fresh for you.

Personally, I like Barbacoa with cheese, or bean and cheese with egg and
bacon. ;-d

Good stuff!!!!!!!
--
Peace, Om.