Posted to alt.food.wine
Yves Yves is offline

Default Ageing Barlo and Barbaresco?

Hello everybody,

as I am rather underwhelmed with some Piemontese wines that I left in the
cellar for about a 6 years, I wonder if other contributors to this NG share
my impression.

Among those wines tasted recently, there was

Barbaresco 1997 Coparossa, Bruno Rocca (RP 90+ points, drink now-2013)

Barolo Vigna del Gris 1997, Conterno Fantino (RP 93 points, 2004-2020, tre
bicchieri in Gambero Rosso)

Not that those wines were flawed, they were just unexciting and especially
the Barolo had a bit too much (volatile?) acidity for my palate.

IMHO cellaring of many Italian wines - esp. Tuscany and Veneto - is a very
worthwile exercise, so I am a bit intrigued by the Piemontese. Or am I just
expecting too much?

Thanks for sharing your impressions with me

Yves