Posted to alt.food.vegan
Beach Runner[_1_] Beach Runner[_1_] is offline

Default Atkins diet called dangerous in a study by The Lancelet

Fred wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
>

>>Jeff Caird wrote:

says...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060317/...me/diet_atkins

>>>I, for one, tried a strict vegan diet for several months and
>>>as a result, gained 30 lbs. Never again. I then took it all
>>>off, plus a few, on a *modified* Atkins. It seems that there
>>>are different types: I am the type who can benefit from a high
>>>protein, moderate fat, low carb diet. I eat dark greens, and
>>>reds and yellows. I'm over 60 and in relatively good health.
>>>

>>Being vegan, we still have to watch sugars, excess fats, exercise. A lot
>>of folks are pastaerians.
>>

> Yes, of course you are right. Just because you are vegan, does not mean
> you have a healthy diet (although this is easily attainable), and maybe
> there are some seriously overweight vegans out there, I just haven't met
> one yet.

You haven't me my X wife. What's interesting is she eats very very
healthy, does not eat to excess, and teachers water exercise and gives
swimming lessons. The seniors that take her classes love her. The times
she got thin she fasted.

The only thing that keeps my weight under control is serious distance
running and weight training.