Posted to rec.food.cooking
Glitter Ninja Glitter Ninja is offline

Default Bad waitress tricks

serene > writes:

>On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:41:45 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>>In that instance after paying and getting back the change, I would have
>>handed her the $5 directly and say "Thank you but talk to the chef, the
>>food tasted metallic."
>>
>>Psychologically let it be a matter she can wrongfully take out on the
>>chef after you leave. No hard feelings between you and the waitress.

>That's *horrible*. Have her blame someone for something they didn't
>do, to keep "no hard feelings" between a customer and a server who
>treated him badly? What kind of sense does that make?

I know, it's revolting. Andy's advocating making these two co-workers
mad at each other because he couldn't (hypothetically) 'fess up to why
he gave a smaller than normal tip. These people have to work with each
other every day. Plus lying about the food could get the cook in
trouble or fired.
Seriously, Andy, what are you thinking here?

Stacia