Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo The Bubbo is offline

Default Bad waitress tricks

Sheldon wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article .com>,
>> "Sheldon" > wrote:
>> (snip)
>> > Bullshit. In no way whatsoever is it the responsibility of the
>> > waitperson to make change (you think it's a friggin' bank), it's always
>> > ultimately the patron's responsibility to have their own change when
>> > they go out to eat.

>> > We usually pay with plastic and put the tip on the card. Problem solved.

> I don't like your method, even on the few occasions that I do pay with
> plastic I still tip in cash... the server is entitled to receive their
> tip in CASH, in HAND, and when service is rendered. Obviously you
> never worked a job where tips were the major portion of your income.

I wonder if this is a generational or regional thing. I never ever EVER carry
more than $40 cash on me. If I am depositing Money or hiting the atm I might
get $40 out for coffee or incidentals, but I don't carry any cash of
consequence on me and neither do any of my friends. We've talked about it and
we just think it's weird. I pay for just about everything with my debit card.
I don't like carrying cash on me, it's creepy.

Both my parents (dad from new jersey and mom from upstate new york) always
have larger sums of cash on them.

I first noticed this when I worked at the theatre. Generally, tickets would
sell from $50 to $70 each and it was rare to see anyone paying in cash and
there was a weird feeling whenever they did (not that they were weird, I just
think Minnesotans love their plastic more).

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com