Posted to rec.food.cooking
D.Currie[_1_] D.Currie[_1_] is offline

Default Bad waitress tricks

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> Oh, calm down! LOL!
>> We usually pay with plastic and put the tip on the card. Problem solved.

> As I usually do too, but I wonder at times if the waitstaff prefers cash
> or card? Does it short change them in any way to have it put on the card?
> Anyone know?
> Goomba

I seldom use a credit card at a restaurant unless it's a business expense,
and that's just because it's easier to track and harder to forget to deduct.

As a business owner, I can tell you that I always prefer cash. Credit card
fees eat into profits, and balancing the credit card statements (three of
them --separate ones for visa/mc. discover, and amex) against the bank
statements can be a nightmare. And credit cards can be stolen or disputed,
which is yet another pain in the arse. Checks have to be deposited and they
can bounce, and they can be stolen or forged. Cash is just easier to deal
with.

Donna