Posted to rec.food.baking
[email protected] pjc999@gmail.com is offline

Default Baking stones

I tried it and wasn't happy with the results - they imparted a taste to
the bread cooked directly on the stone -even with parchment paper.
Besides, it's probably necessary to have a very long burn-in period on
these quarry tiles which means empty oven at high temperature which
translates to money. Considering that a brand new baking stone can be
had from williams-sonoma for $31 with a lifetime guarantee it seems
like a waste of time -and even money- to go the quarry tile route.

Patrick