Posted to alt.creative_cooking,alt.tv.food-network,alt.tv.iron-chef,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
Jack Hamilton Jack Hamilton is offline

Default Top Chef on BRAVO

Dennis > wrote:

>He came off as a nice guy but looked slightly out of place in a reality
>TV show. He's running one of the best restaurants in SF - only
>questionable ejection was because of shoes. Didnt get that one.

I don't think it was reasonable to kick someone out because they were
slow or nervous - if you've never worked as a line cook (and working as
a line cook was apparently not a requirement to be on the show), of
course you're going to be slow, and if it's your first time on national
TV with a famous chef, there's some chance you'll be nervous.

It wasn't clear to me how they chose the loser. Judging by the
comments, his was not the worst plate. I'm not sorry he's gone - he's
seemed to have modeled himself on Bobby Flay - but of they kicked him
off because of his obnoxious behavior they should have said so.

--
Jack Hamilton
California