Posted to rec.food.baking
Alex Rast Alex Rast is offline

Default Good bread bakery in Boston?

at Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:52:06 GMT in <aqWPf.40809$%I.21853@trnddc03>,
(Barbara) wrote :

>Alex Rast wrote:

>> I'm headed to Boston next week on a lightning visit. I'd like to find
>> a good bakery for *bread*, not pastries. ...
>>
>> Any recommendations?
>>

>I personally like Clear Flour, which is on the Brookline/Boston line,
>just off Comm. Ave. I usually go in there to get ONE loaf of bread and
>come out with other stuff. They make excellent ciabatta.

I assume, then, that it's on the Boston College (B) spur of the T Green
Line? That sounds promising because I'll be headed over to Boston College
anyway at one point.

>Hi-Rise Bread Co. and Iggy's in Cambridge are very good. Iggy's makes a
>great focaccia (it's three inches thick).

I might check them out if I have the time - depends on the schedule. I do
like your first choice because it appears to be in the line of fire, so to
speak.

Thanks for the thoughts.

--
Alex Rast