Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default REC: Greens & Beans w/ Sausage

Gill Murray > wrote:

: W. Baker wrote:
: > Pete Romfh > wrote:
: > : I made this tonight. Very tasty and didn't cause my meter to read TILT!!
: >
: > : -= Exported from BigOven =-
: >
: > : Greens and Beans With Sausage
: >
: > : Delicious, healthy, filling, and diabetic-friendly. A refreshingly welcome
: > : twist on meat and veggies.
: >
: > : Recipe By: Pete Romfh
: > : Serving Size: 6
: > : Cuisine: American
: > : Main Ingredient: Greens
: > : Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Saut?, Vegetables, Side Dish, Main Dish,
: > : Brunch
: >
: > : -= Ingredients =-
: > : ~~ -- Sausage -- ~~
: > : 16 ounces Smoked Sausage ; - in thick slices
: > : 1 tablespoon Olive oil
: > : 1 cups seedless grapes
: > : 1/4 cup White wine ; - or water
: > : ~~ -- Greens & Beans -- ~~
: > : 2 tablespoons Olive oil
: > : 1 cup Onion ; - diced
: > : 3 cloves garlic ; - chopped fine
: > : 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes ; - to taste
: > : 1 bunch Collard greens ; - stemmed & rough chopped
: > : 1/4 cup Chicken broth
: > : 12 ounces Garbanzo beans ; - one cans, drained
: > : 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar ; - to taste
: >
: > I make a very simple diabetic spaghetti made with whole steamed or
: > microwaved string bean, a good, and flavorsul tomato sauce, either jarred
: > or home make , preferablly with muchrooms and several hot Italian sausages
: > (my buthcher makes them with beef and glatt kosher). I defat teh sausages
: > by pricking them adn microwavign them for 2-3 minutes to pull the fat out.
: > Then I wipe them down, slice adn brown briefly in a teflon pan. Mis all
: > ingredients adn heat together i the microwave and serve. Simpel and
: > simply delicious A little left over red wine wudl not harm the sauce
: > either.
: >
: > Wendy

: Wendy,

: That looks like a good idea. Hubby is supposedly on "No carbs" until his
: next visit. This is a workable idea; I will try it when I get back from
: mt trip to Japan tomorrow.

: I hope I am not insulting you, but I really did giggle! I think you,
: like me, type away, and our fingers get tangled, and letters are
: switched over. it *did* look as if the left-over red wine ( we love it
: too) might have been in your glass, rather than the spaghetti! LOLOL

: Gillian
: A diabetic's "head cook and bottle washer"!

It's a combination of being a por typist, visually handicaped and unable
to figure out how to use my spell checker for newsgroups. It makes for
interestign and, often , a bit puzling reading I know, but I figure I will
say it as best I can since I woudl hate to have you all miss my pearls of
wisdom:-)

Wendy